prim

prim

prim

prim

Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Weekend Filled with Antiques (and Candy!)



It was antique weekend here in eastern Iowa. Yesterday we went to Kalona, stopping at Barntiques to see Nancy just back from a fun trip to Charleston with some GORGEOUS photos of places with green things and flowers, can't wait for it here! I really wish I had brought my camera, because Sisters Garden outdid themselves. Among the usual gorgeous little antique surprises were bowls of candy and little donuts and rice krispy treats and cake and pie and strawberries--it was freaking awesome! The girls and I usually say we only like a little bit of sweet things, but I tell you, we ate our way through the shop. In Kalona we stopped at the church where I found these most amazing heart butter stamps--Leigh is the dealer who always has the best primitives and I always want to buy the lot!

Today was the Collectors Eye, it is just always the best of the best and I always put myself in financial trouble by going. Here are a few prims that will stay original for a bit---you know how they wake me up at night and tell me to paint them....

3 comments: