prim

prim

prim

prim

Monday, May 27, 2013

Finishing the Basement


We finished our basement, only took 7 years, but turned out pretty well in the end. My pictures are rather deplorable, with light carpet, yellow walls and white shelves, it kind of washed out in the photos. My screened pie safe is finally looking as nature intended, full of quilts and old stoneware bowls and topped with my pony. The seed cabinet has a home and the wonderful little desk with top shelves was my birthday present from my husband, I had so much fun filling it with my favorite things. Finally, the upholstered furniture was a steal from Pier 1--I looked everywhere, hated every thing I saw, stopped at Pier 1 thinking I was only going to find ugly imported crap, but that store is just the best now! I loved everything from the dishes to the pillows and lamps. I am so glad we got these, they are the prettiest couch and chair I've ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Elaine...your basement looks superb! Are you sure it's the basement and not the upstairs of your house?! Well worth waiting for, I'd say...and you did a great job with the colours! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Desk Top and Seed Cabinet! New furniture is fab too!
    Well Done!!
    Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete