prim

prim

prim

prim

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Readjusting to Life after Vacation

Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Christmas




The problem with having an almost perfect vacation is returning home to normal life where things are never even close to being perfect.  We spent 3 days at Disneyland, New Year's eve and day included and it was so wonderful.  We splurged big time on a room at the Grand Californian, the perfect hotel in the perfect fantasyland.  Supposedly, you should never go to Disney at this time of year because of the crowds, but I have to disagree.  We got surprised by the Christmas parade meandering through the park just as we had gotten into our teacups.  We got to see Alice and the Mad Hatter and we never see Alice--Anna tells me I screamed "It's Alice!" so enthusiastically that I made all the people around me jump three feet in the air.   The girls got a photo with Mulan, also a first.  We were on Main Street in the evening just as they lit the castle and made it snow around us--I love magic!  Anyway, my  best New Years ever, but coming down to earth has been a challenge, I must say.

Anna and Grace with Mulan and their cousin Ian and his friend Chris


I did drive through old Route 66, but this is more Disney magic, James and I are standing in Radiator Springs, home of Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen





Slowly but surely, I am back to work.  My first creations of the year are using a new milk paint called "grainsack" and I do love the results.  Here are the first few things, with much more to come.





2 comments:

  1. Happy 2019 Elaine... Sorry about the EBay glitch... Glitches tend to bring out the dark side of me as well. Looks like a fabulous to welcome the new year,,,, I am hoping for a vacation one day...sigh... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, and I would send everyone to Disney if I could!

      Delete