prim

prim

prim

prim

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Humbug

 I have zero enthusiasm for decorating, but when I told my husband I was only putting up a tree, he was aghast--"But we always have three trees, it is tradition now!"  I told him the girls are too busy to help me and I just can't do 3 by myself, so despite the fact that the man works 100 + hours a week, he went and bought a real tree and put it up and got one artificial out of the attic for me and up and promises to string the lights, then all I have to do is ornaments.  I opened the Santa cupboard, which usually sends me into Christmas decorating heaven, but I just shut the door again, at this point, I don't want to do it.  Aren't you glad you stopped by for a cheery hello?  Hopefully, I will shut down the pity party by the end of the week and get myself motivated.

I have been putting all my efforts in to the shop.  I finished this red and green group late in the season, but lots has sold already, so glad I did.









4 comments:

  1. Hope you can get some of your Cmas goodies out ... hopefully it will warm your heart ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most likely correct, I need to just do it!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to my world....in which I have been stuck the past several years. No tree here as no one would see it anyway. There is one outside and the lights are up out there - but only because no one thought to cancel the person who always puts them up. I also put out some of the decorations in hopes it might give me at least a touch of the spirit. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel this so much! I have always been able to just pull out all the stops and truly, I mostly do it for me, I love little Shiny Brite ornaments on the trees and I love making little vignettes of Santas and bottle brush trees. This year, I have given in to my resentment. My daughter gave me some wisdom last night, and I will try her advice. Writing a whole post about it!

    ReplyDelete