Farm Animals

Farm Animals

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers
I still haven't decided if I can bear to part with these...

Christmas Crock and Tiny Chest of Drawers

Christmas Crock and Tiny Chest of Drawers

Sunday, September 7, 2014

More Things I May List Someday

Oh, my inventory just keeps expanding. After my show gloom last week, I was just going to quit, I swear. Of course, I am too addicted to antiques to quit, so I soldier on...The spoon is one of many I found this weekend, all so dark and worn and wonderful. I've done the stacked tin funnels before, but I found the giant funnel and it just needed to be a tree too!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Antique Show Schmantique Show

The last time I was a dealer at a show was a frightening 20 plus years ago. I foolishly decided to try one again on Labor Day--and outdoors no less. Fool, fool, fool!
First, it was all stressful as the weather report said severe thunderstorms had an 80 percent chance of ruining the day. 20 percent won and there was no storm, how lovely, we thought. Since we have no truck any more, it took me in the Jeep packed to the ceiling and James in the Saturn making 4 or 5 trips to bring small tables and cupboards and so forth. We were feeling optimistic--for about 30 minutes. It soon became apparent that customers would be few and those that did come came with small wallets, unwilling to part with more than coins. Then the sun started boiling us. Anna, the ever cheerful one in the family almost punched a guy who told her she needed to smile (seriously this girl is almost always happy and pleasant and never mad, but that just about set her off completely). Grace lasted a bit longer before she got grouchy, but we sent Anna and James home and Grace and I lasted it out to the bitter end. Packing up was so horrible in the heat, and now I have to clean everything off, list on ebay and fill up Barntiques. I would so rather have a nap. In the meantime, here are a few items I got photographed. I re-did the egg jars--love them!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Trying a New Look

Well, blogger doesn't really have the background I want, but this is ok. I just photographed some Christmas leftovers from last year and plan to list them again soon.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

More Odds and Ends Ready to List

Of course, I haven't even finished listing the last ones, but praise be to God, I actually sold some of the old stuff, so things are looking up!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Seasonal Brooms

I'm going to auction the regular whisk brooms starting at $14.95, the "special" ones will be buy it now. Snowflakes and the tiny jingle bell for $28 each, not quite sure on the round one with the black handle...

Monday, August 11, 2014

Christmas Beginnings

This is what I've finished so far...