prim

prim

prim

prim

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Great Iowa Stores

I have been shopping like crazy this week, mostly for the store and a little for my own selfish pleasure (and I must say, the old bank account now has tumbleweeds rolling through it). I go south to Kalona all the time (see Sisters and Rug Cottage on the blog list), this week I headed a bit north to Anamosa, where Gatherings (new to my blog list) might win for best primitives shop in the land. If you adore primitive antiques, take your smelling salts, you might just keel over when you walk in the door from being overwhelmed by the best of the best. This store has it all, and although she has great photos on her blog, it doesn't come close to showing how wonderful this store is. My obsession with dough bowls and bread boards always gets a helping hand, there are hundreds of them, all in great shape. There are so many odds and ends, little dolls and whisk brooms (yes, I bought some of those too) and crocks, old flags, great prim pillows, and I could make this list go on forever, trust me, just go there, you will love it, and want to spend hours just to see everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment