prim

prim

prim

prim

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Mustards are Done


Still loving the milk paint, I did up bunches of mustards this week (and discovered that milk paint does not want to wash off after I splattered myself in my usual painting zeal). I ordered some dark red and pumpkin paint, can't wait to see how they look. Here is the mustard group, I am going to have to get organized and take before, during, and after photos. It starts out plain wood, the paint goes on, it looks dreadful, then the finishing touches, and voila! Perfect aged paint!

My friend Nancy took some wonderful pictures of the July 4th sales, you can link to her blogs at the Rug Cottage and Barntiques on my blog list. The photo of the ironstone pitcher full of flags was at Colleen Frese's booth, she is one of the best primitives dealers in our area, her show booths are always gorgeous, and I want absolutely everything. I stocked up on bowls and breadboards, I swiped the breadboard that the cookies are sitting on in the photo. It was such a long day of antiquing, even my daughter Anna, who never complains, was complaining quite loudly by the end of the day. That poor kid, I picked her up at the orphanage when she was a baby and said "I'm your new mama, let's go find the antique shops." My husband and I strolled her around antique markets all over China, where she was stopped often to have her cheeks pinched and be proclaimed a "lucky baby". I'll have to remind her about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment