prim

prim

prim

prim

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dining Al Fresco



Ah, spring in Iowa....Sunday was 82 degrees and so humid, I finally shut up the house and turned the air conditioner on for a bit. I woke up Monday morning, it was 29 degrees and so windy we were back to winter coats and gloves. Today, beautiful 60 and sunny and we had lunch out on the deck, curry chicken salad, my kid's favorite. (one Top Chef episode had the judges commenting that children would not like curry, silly people who have no children apparently).


Here's the easy and delicious recipe:


I buy a whole roasted chicken from my organic grocery, they are cheap and wonderful!


I pull all the meat I can get off the chicken, shred or chop it up and chill it. Add in chopped celery, lots of grapes, mayonnaise and curry powder to taste (I just keep adding until it is right). YUM!


I did a few blues yesterday, pretty, pretty!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you!! Wish we could eat outside, but it is not nearly warm enough here in NJ yet. :(
    Your Curry Chicken Salad sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try.
    Love your blues, and the green bowls are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine
    Sounds like a beautiful day~ good weather~ food & great company~ the girls!!!
    Pretty blues!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete