prim

prim

prim

prim

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Caprese

Almost time for the tomatoes to be picked, I'm figuring I have a little over a week before I pluck the first one off the vine. Not able to wait forever, I made caprese salad with a greenhouse tomato, ALMOST good enough, can't wait for the real thing. If you've never had caprese salad, try one today! Slice up a tomato, slice up fresh mozarella (get the fancy kind, really fresh, not the stuff you find in the Kraft aisle), toss on fresh basil leaves and sprinkle the best balsamic vinegar you can find on top. This is also great on top of a slice of toasted French bread, it is one of my kids' favorite foods, mine too of course! Here are a few more blues, promise to have other colors eventually....

Grace all able to see again, nasty bugs. Of course, never a dull moment, dentist today and another cavity for her, I despair of getting her teeth to do well.

I loved the covered dish story in comments, really cheered me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment