prim

prim

prim

prim

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Day in Galena

I finally finally remembered to take my camera with me on my travels. This weekend took us to Galena, the most beautiful town on earth. It used to also be antique mecca, now just fancy boutiques, but still a lovely place to visit. The horse in the window of the diagonal building is one of my favorite things. I also love the Dowling House, oldest home in town, and one old standby remains, the Galena Cheese House, wonderful gourmet and wine shop. The last photo is the place it all started for me in the antique business--over 25 years ago my husband and I opened our first booth in the Main St. Mall, now a hotel.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful town.Would love to visit someday.Thanks for bringing us along.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've ever even heard of Galena....But Illinois is not that far away....Hmmm...may be road trip fare!! Thanks so much for sharing Elaine! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete