prim

prim

prim

prim

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Day in Cedar Rabbits



We spent the afternoon in Cedar Rapids yesterday, ever to be known as Cedar Rabbits, as when the girls were little, no matter how distinctly I tried to say Rapids, they would smile and nod and say "Yes, I know, Cedar Rabbits". This, of course, reminds me of Anna's secret toddler language that only I could understand. My mom was not grandma no matter how we tried to get her to say it, grandma was "Bo", Aunt Mary was "Bopie". I remember sitting down with Anna and saying slowly, "Say MAAAARRREEEE"--she put her hands on the side of my face and said slowly "BOOOOOPPPPPEEEE".

Back to my antiques...I got a bunch of early gorgeous spoons, one of my great antique loves. I also got the last pantry jar in town and some really pretty stoneware pieces. It is quite out of season, but I couldn't pass up the feather tree fence--the girls and I are planning a fairy garden this year, wouldn't this be perfect around it?

No comments:

Post a Comment