prim

prim

prim

prim

Monday, May 13, 2013

What I Love About the South


I am so missing southern hospitality. I always gave Iowans very high marks on the friendly scale, but must admit the southerners outdo us. I miss hearing "Ya'll just make yourself at home" and being called Honey. The girls were "Baby" to everyone! The scenery and weather were the best, a really nice trip across America. One of my new favorite places is Paducah Kentucky--the town is just gorgeous, downtown mid 1800s buildings in very good repair and antique shops everywhere (even though Paducah is the quilt capital, I was enthralled with the antique shops). The dealers were having a tough time of it, I think travelling is way down and the town was certainly empty on the Saturday we were there. Anyone with a hankering for a trip, I highly recommend a stop there.



No comments:

Post a Comment