prim

prim

prim

prim

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Vacation Snapshots



The whole point of vacation was to escape the cold and ice--as you see, it followed us most of the way--ice in New Mexico, snow north of Phoenix, crazy! They actually closed the interstate in New Mexico and we had to drive the most depressing 400 miles of backroads squalor--honestly, if I hadn't known I was in America, I wouldn't have believed it. Here, you see joy when we get into Arizona and return to the civilized world with Starbucks.


Finally to Disneyland, where there are flowers and sunshine and warm air, this is my family in the California Adventures side of the park in Radiator Springs (best new ride ever is there). My nephews, niece-in-law, my sister, my girls and me.


We found a lot of the old time Disney characters for photo ops.


On the way back through central California, we found a wonderful antique shop and some big trees. Back in the desert, I found the props of my vacation dreams--giant dinosaurs and teepees.

No comments:

Post a Comment