prim

prim

prim

prim

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Appliance Woes

We had furnished our old home with top of the line appliances, I had all stainless steel, the dishwasher a Bosch, refrigerator Electrolux, microwave Kitchenaid. The new kitchen is so bad, as I mentioned before, but more fun with the appliances. First, they took the microwave, so I don't have one. The others are good quality, but old, all white. The dishwasher is still a Bosch, but some of the buttons are missing and the whole thing falls out if you pull both trays out at once. Next problem, the disposal, which took a while to figure out what is wrong, because this you just won't believe--the rubber piece in the middle was put in backwards! Thus, nothing will fall through and you have to hold it down to even let water go down the drain. The refrigerator had a corner cubby built for it that completely wastes space and the wall is so crooked, I don't even know how they built it. So, kitchen is becoming a complete tear down, sigh. We will probably even have to replace the floor, as I am pretty sure it was put around the ugly cupboards and when we take those out, along with the crooked wall, there will be big spaces with no floor. One more complaint, the color--I am sure this paint has some name like caramel toffee sand, but it is the most hideous color I've ever seen.

On the up side, I have now used a gas stove for the first time and love it. I must explain for the cooks out there who would never dream of using an electric stove. My mom always had gas stoves and of course, they were always old and she had to light it with matches and it freaked me out every time I watched her light those burners, and became an absolute phobia of mine. Fortunately my electric ignitions work and I haven't had to get the matches out! Other upside is that the washer and dryer are old Maytags so they work, unlike the new Maytags that are "energy efficient". Has anyone else noticed that if a product is described as "green" or "energy efficient", it means they are total crap and will break down moments after you turn them on? I guess that is how it saves the environment, you can't use any energy if your appliances don't work.

the ugly kitchen, hoping to start tear-down next month

the laundry room is actually awesome, it is one of the things I love about the house

1 comment:

  1. In the long run, it will be really great to have a kitchen completely done to your liking!! And that laundry room really is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete