prim

prim

prim

prim

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Africa Hot




As the oppressive Iowa summer lingers on, I keep hearing Matthew Broderick in Biloxi Blues "This isn't just hot, it's Africa hot." (must also intersperse my other favorite movie line which has nothing at all to do with anything...Walter Mathau as Oscar in the Odd Couple offering refreshments at his poker party "I've got green sandwiches and I've got brown sandwiches."--makes me laugh every time I think about it). Standing in line at the post office, I overheard 2 young women discussing the weather, one asking if this heat was normal for Iowa and being assured it was not. Now, this is the problem with being young, you just don't know what you are talking about. Summers were always like this when I was a kid, and there wasn't airconditioning. We used to fill bowls with ice and set them in front of the fan and just lie in front of it. We'd watch far off lightening at night just praying for a storm to break the heat. Well, I didn't walk 10 miles to school, but we did have our trials.


Now, at 300 percent humidity with blazing hot sun, what else is there to do but get out the Christmas trees? These are a few of the little Christmas goodies coming soon to an ebay near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment