prim

prim

prim

prim

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Collector's Eye


I almost stayed home and skipped going to the Collector's Eye show in Cedar Rapids on Sunday, so so so glad I changed my mind. It is a high end primitive antique show, better than Heart of the Country, I think. I walked in, first aisle had $500 dough bowls and $200 doll dresses, folk art for thousands, decided I would just be browsing.... Thank goodness some of my favorite vendors were just around the corner. I started at Country Love, bought early toy breadboards, the cutest baby shoes, an old sawdust kitty and some bowls, now wish I had gone ahead and splurged on her early blue calicos, but maybe another time. Next, Simply Iowa, I think I might give best booth of show to, so pretty always, I tried to take photographs, they don't do justice. I took a picture of the dough bowl cupboard, then bought half the bowls and a beautiful tiny ironstone pitcher. Clear back in the corner, we found PollyAnn's, and why she had anything left, I do not know, she has wonderful items and low prices for a regular show, for this one, she was practically giving it away. I got breadboards and brooms here. Finally, we got Colleen Frese's booth, she is the best bread board, best bowl, best unusual prims dealer ever, and she had a box full of brooms, so I got to stock up with those, plus the cutest old rag stuffed litho puppy, not sure how to force myself to put him in the store, but bills must be paid!

No comments:

Post a Comment