prim

prim

prim

prim

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Deep Freeze



The weatherman had better not be lying about a warm weekend ahead (in the 30s and 40s, calling that warm!)--it is soooo freaking cold right now. I finished up a first collection in black, more to come, I need to add calicos to rolling pins and little breadboards and tins, some cute whisk brooms too.

We spent Saturday on the banks of the Mississippi, visiting Muscatine and Manley's Antiques, where we got the bad news that they are retiring, the good news that the shop was filled with their usual outstanding prims and I had a great time filling up the car. It really is a blow to lose that store, the owners are nice, the store is gorgeous and always filled with the best of the best. I hope the citizens of Muscatine can revive the downtown, it is so pretty by the riverfront, but businesses are just boarded up right and left. The Cotton Shop, one of the best country fabric stores ever has moved out to the outskirts of town too, makes me sad. The huge steamboat captain houses still line 3rd Street, they are well maintained, the town could be a great tourist place, just needs the cash to get it going, isn't that always the case?

Lots of listing to do, so I'd better get going!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Elaine,
    So sad to loose the old mom & pop business's!
    I remember as a kid the old stores in a local town, so much fun, the smell of the old wood floors, knowing the owners, the communication, I so miss that>>family owned drugstores, hardwares,and grocery stores! ( Walmart did that in at the local town, and I can't find anything at Walmart LOL)!
    Your new collections are beautiful>>can't wait to see the whisk brooms!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete