prim

prim

prim

prim

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas in Dubuque

We spent Christmas in Dubuque with my inlaws, complete with ham and drama. Isn't there a person in all our family trees that just can't help but cause trouble? We managed to celebrate anyway, and a mostly good time was had by all.

After seeing the gorgeous light displays in Dubuque (just off Grandview Ave, was a luminaria display you wouldn't believe, streets lined with thousands of the pretty bags glowing in the cold night), I have decided to name Iowa City Scroogetown USA. I would guess less than 30 percent of houses have any Christmas lights, something I credited to the cold snap we had at the first of the month, but now I think it is a bad excuse. Dubuque is way colder than here, and I would say lights were on about 80 percent of the houses. Happy to say, even my husband, who works an 80 to 100 hour work week, put up lights on our house. Bah, humbug Iowa City!

I have been busy and more busy finishing projects, just took 350 photographs, so you can imagine what I have to list! Here are just a few...

3 comments:

  1. Driving around here I noticed not that many people put up lights and stuff either. We have some lights and our big frosty the snowman up. We had a few more things to put up, but the snowstorm won out. lol. Next year we need to start earlier.

    Love your new wares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly couldn't give you a "light" report in these parts - truly didn't get out and about at all - except for the few excursions for the dreaded shopping - but I was back in the nest before it got dark. Sad - driving around to see the lights was always one of my favorite part of the holidays. Looks like some fun new primmies on their way to market! Wishing you and yours a wonderful new year filled with hope and promise....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, Elaine~ love these crocks!!!oh, my I can't believe no lights~ wow~ seems like in Ohio we had more~ I think folks decorated because it was warm & they could get out without freezing~
    giggles~ family~ yep~ we all have them don't we~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete