prim

prim

prim

prim

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Inspired by Homesteaders and Gatherers

Well, if you haven't checked the blog for Homestead Deppen, Teresa has about the most beautiful house ever. After looking over her wonderful Christmas displays, I decided I needed to get my house in order! I went to Anamosa to Gatherings for a little more inspiration, came home and cleaned and decorated all over again. The blue pie safe has sat at the top of my stairs in the way, moving ropes attached and stuff piled on top. I took the ropes off, moved it to the front entry and put the church pew that used to be there around the corner. Now why didn't I do that 6 months ago? It looks very nice. When I was cleaning, I stuck this bread board in an old dough bowl just to put it out of the way and voila, another why didn't I do this before? I put the garland on the pie safe, it fell off, I put it on the chair as temporary, then again decided it needed to stay. Add a sampler and a snowguy from Gatherings and it is a display. It actually looks like Christmas here for real now. Oh, I just won the reinder needlepunch from ebay, he is sooo cute with my blue Santas. Thanks to the homesteader and the gatherer for all the inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Love the chair with the greenery and old bowls.Wonderful!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine~ Simply Beautiful decorating~ Pretty bench like the touch of presents~ oh, the chair is gorgeous~ then the Santas~ oh, my they yes make me a bit envious~
    You have warmed my heart with you kind words~ so much fun to share in all of our ideas~ For you~my dear~ you make it so easy to decorate my Kitchen with your prim perfection creations~ then Wanda~ the Master of gatherings~ oh, my she can gather & decorate~
    I am so pleased I found the both of you~ From across the miles you help me make the Homestead comfy!!!
    hugs to you~
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete