prim

prim

prim

prim

Monday, January 23, 2012

A Busy Weekend

I have certainly done my part to stimulate the economy this weekend. I think my checkbook may be smoking...Saturday was Grace's birthday. Many people seem a bit taken aback that I don't do birthday parties for my kids, I really follow my mom's way, which was to make us a bit of a queen for a day. I grew up in a family of 8 children and no money, so gifts and parties were not an option. Still, from the time I opened my eyes on my birthday, Mom made sure it was the best day ever, starting with bunny shaped pancakes, picking out the flavor of cake I wanted and getting to help bake and decorate it, getting to choose the dinner menu and not having to do dishes! To this day, birthdays have never measured up to how special she made all us kids feel. Of course, I am not as energetic as my mom, but the girls get to choose what they want to do for the day and pick their own cakes and dinner menus. Grace had a load of Christmas and birthday money from Grandma, so it was off to the mall and a day of shopping, ice cream cake and ending with dinner at the Tuscan Moon, a pretty good day for all of us! Grace proclaimed it best birthday ever, so mission accomplished.

Sunday was the Anamosa Antique Show, almost unable to go because of freezing rain, but we headed out and the roads were ok, so we made it. What a great show! So much smaller than the Collector's Eye, but all my favorite dealers were there and I filled the car with bread boards and bowls. I so have my work cut out for me now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Elaine~
    happy Be-lated Birthday Grace!!!
    Wonderful offerings~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I came so close to buying that little crock with the bail from Chuck and Leeann! I'm so glad you got it, cuz it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete