prim

prim

prim

prim

Friday, January 13, 2012

Rearranging

Well, Santas are packed away, always a bit sad, but fun to rearrange all my shelves. My biggest decorating dilemna is that I love so many styles, the romantic whites and china in Shabby Chic, the clean lines and spacious feel of Shaker style, the cozy dark cabin primitives of the early prairie and I can even appreciate a severe modern city style. One good thing about having a shop, I can play with all the styles and never have to settle on one! I cleaned off my bookcases of all the samplers and Santas and put out blue bowls and pitchers, blue does make me happy. I switched some of the piesafe toppers, put an early dough bowl of stone fruit by the Madonna and put the pretty blue pitcher on the stair landing. That pitcher would be worth a mint, except that the spout was broken and glued back on, I spent all of $25 for it, a lot of beauty for just a few dollars. The breadboard used to be plain jane, I added the blue milk paint, of course. The little headless cherub is from a day when my dad was digging up the front flower bed and unearthed her, and started to throw her away, I immediately laid claim and she's been my kitchen angel for the past 20 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment