prim

prim

prim

prim

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Eggs Are Done and What Ever Happened to Country Living?

I finished some of the colored eggs, still have the brown and whites to do.

I bought the new Simple Life magazine at the Rug Cottage, it is my official favorite magazine, along with a Primitive Place. I believe it has spoiled me for what used to be my must have magazine, Country Living. What happened to that? There used to be several homes showcased, good recipes, interesting articles. Now, maybe 2 houses, if that, and they are all "citified country"--when I saw the "small business" success story section showing Manolo Blanek (probably spelled it wrong and wouldn't even know what that meant if it weren't for Sex in the City) executives opening some store, like they count for small business. Other great ideas shown were a pup tent printed with a sheep photograph that cost a mere $675, REALLY? I guess I should just be glad I live where the real country is just 1/2 mile walk from my front door and I won't have to buy silly things from shoe company executives.

4 comments:

  1. Country Living has been awful for years now -- such a disappointment..... But isn't it wonderful that so many new primitive magazines are being published?!! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE A Simple Life! My Favorite magazine. I still like Mercantile Gatherings too and A Primitive Place, but ASL is on the top of my list. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here because I googled "what happened to Country Living magazine". It also used to be my favorite and now I can't find one single interesting page in it. This is my first time hear about A Simple Life, thanks for the info. I will check it out. Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete