prim

prim

prim

prim

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back

I started to watch The Blind Side on TV last night, a movie I've been wanting to see. I didn't get far though, just to the part where the family has taken a homeless teenager into their home and the mother has realized that he's never been read to and there is a scene where she is reading to him and her young son. I was thinking how much I missed storytime now that the girls are older, when Grace asked "Mom, do you miss reading to us?" I told her I really do and asked if she missed being read to. To my surprise, she burst into tears and said she wished she wasn't too old for stories. Well, we shut off the tv and went in search of all the books we loved and even 13 year old Anna decided she wasn't too old for the Cat in the Hat (well, even I'm not too old for anything Seuss) and some Junie B Jones, and you always have to end with The Going to Bed Book. So, I guess I'm back in the storytelling business, we are going to start some more grown up books tonight, I think Cold Comfort Farm for starters.

We almost went to Clarinda this weekend and so glad we didn't as the tornados hit that side of the state, Clarinda doing fine, but other towns nearby, Thurman and Creston were hit hard. My nephew is a paramedic in Creston, he spent the night transporting patients from the hospital, where all the windows in the ER were shattered and the roof came off. My husband used to work in that ER, all very frightening, but happy that no one was hurt.

In the ebay world, still adding stuff to the store...

No comments:

Post a Comment