prim

prim

prim

prim

Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Lovely Day

I had a great birthday, nice weather, my favorite antique stores and dinner at the Olive Garden, which I love a lot, despite snarky comments from the food "experts". We started in West Branch, tiny birth town of Herbert Hoover and walked around the little Quaker village there. There is a little bridge over a creek, where the girls love to play Pooh sticks--now, if you want someone to stare at you and say "WHAT did you say?", try saying let's play pooh sticks--it is a Winnie the Pooh game, people! Drop a stick on one side of the bridge and see who's stick floats to the other side first, that's all! Now, my other "WHAT did you say?" moment was at Disneyland a few years ago, Grace was about 6, we were waiting in line for the Haunted House when she said, "Mom, this looks just like a horror house.", but of course, it did not sound like horror house, but whore house--I tell you, the whole line of people stopped in their tracks and turned around to stare at me. I couldn't even explain.

After our walk, we stopped in at Margs Red Schoolhouse and Main St. Art, plus a new shop on the way, the Red Barn Market, which is really a great shop, clean and pretty and full of nice antiques. Next, it was off to Amana, as Grapevine Antiques was having an outdoor market. I stocked up at Erenberger Antiques again (oh, how I LOVE her store) and got some more of those pretty blue rag balls to sell. We came home, had a bike ride and a walk, painted some things blue...then had my favorite Olive Garden meal of shrimp and chicken carbornara--Grace and I always share (good thing we like the same food), she asked what on earth I would do when she's grown up and I have no one to share dinner with--told her I guess I'll have lots of left overs!


No comments:

Post a Comment