prim

prim

prim

prim

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The New Pope



I'm not Catholic, but I must say, I like the new pope. I just saw the mother of the young man with cerebral palsy that the crowd brought forward so Pope Francis could embrace him, it was a really touching story. Did you know he moved out of the palace apartments and is living in the communal living quarters with the regular priests? ...and that he is not wearing all the glitzy robes, and washing the feet of women--I am impressed, I must say.

As for the photo, this is one of those magic places in Rome. This is what you see if you peek through the keyhole of the gate to the garden of the Knights of Malta, an avenue of trees that frame the view of the dome of St. Peters. Now, that is a little Catholic excess that I approve of!

No comments:

Post a Comment